Whether we care to admit it or not, we’ve all been in a position where we’ve hated someone simply for being so damn perfect. It may seem petty but we can’t stand people who are more attractive than us, people who are constantly getting lucky and generally leading better lives.
1. Third wheeling is never funEspecially when you’re with your hot best friend and her equally hot boyfriend.
2. She will forever be known as “the woman who’s no Katy Perry”Even the smurf’s got eyes for the California Gurl…
3. If I rub it maybe a genie will grant my two big wishes…I don’t doubt those beauties have magic powers.
4. No one to stand under my umbrella ella, ella, eh, ehOr to make me feel like I’m the only girl in the world…
It’s pretty easy to feel jealous when your best friend happens to be the whole package and you’re, well, barely even a side of cardboard. But envy is never pretty so save your pride and keep that green-eyed monster under wraps.
5. The unmistakably jealous side eye treatment“He’s only marginally more attractive than me.”
6. “Must you walk in with your itty bitty waist and that round thing in my face?”If this woman had a soundtrack for her life, Kelis’ ‘Milkshake’ would be on repeat for eternity.
7. “I want what he’s having”And then some…
8. There’s always one person not looking at the cameraIn her defense, she had two very big distractions.
When you have low self-esteem, turning green with envy is a daily inevitability. And the best way to combat this envy is to stop comparing yourself to the people way out of your league and instead compare yourself to people who are quite clearly less attractive than you.
9. Now there’s a traffic light if ever I saw oneRed, Amber and green all in one photo.
10. When you’re dressed as a Carl’s Jr. model for HalloweenAnd by default, everyone else is dressed as the Green-eyed Monster.
11. He wants that trophy more than Gollum wanted the ringIt’s just too bad he’s not as good as Djokovic. Or Nadal or Federer…
12. There’s nothing more sickeningly romantic than a couple sharing a drink
“Must you rub your perfect happiness in my face?”
Jealousy will make you do some crazy sh*t but hopefully, you’ll know how to tone it down a little, unlike this next envious person.
13. Forget the green-eyed monster, the cross-eyed monster is more like itThe most brazen people won’t even attempt to hide their envy.
14. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s perfect rack…“Who are we kidding? We’re all going to Hell”
15. “Even if I win, he’ll always be the bigger man”Now there’s a package I’d like sent to my home.
16. “My brother may have the bigger beard…”“But I have the bigger…”
17. The oldest trick in the bookThey really are man’s best friend.
18. Jealousy knows no boundariesPersonal space my ass.
19. Why not take a picture? It’ll last longerMotivation for my next diet…
20. Sophia Vergara has this effect on many peopleShe’s the nearest thing to perfect on any red carpet.
Yes, jealousy is an inherently negative emotion, but when there are literally billions of other people besides yourself, those people who make you feel inadequate are never far away. But we can all find consolation in the fact we have all been jealous at some point in our lives