We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Jersey leggings perfect for both running errands (ugh) and lounging around your room (yay). Versatility, folks.
Promising review: “These are stretchy, nice-fitting jersey leggings. They’re too heavy and are just right for cooler days, plus they wash and dry well. Will be buying more of them!” —Nanakatt12
Price: $7.91+ (available in sizes 1X-5X and in five colors)
2. High-waisted leggings that are comparable to products from pricier brands, but are significantly more affordable. Praise be.
Promising review: “I never take the time to write reviews and I order off of Amazon all the time. I am a Lululemon fanatic and love their Align pants, but can’t afford or rationalize buying tons of them. These remind me of the Align pant so much! They are cut almost identical, but the fabric is a little stiffer. But this isn’t a bad thing; the Align pant is almost too buttery soft, and it pills and gets caught on everything. These have light compression, give a nice booty lift, and are not see-through…even when squatting. I love love love these and am going to order several more! I actually kind of want to cry thinking about how much money I wasted on leggings in the past when these are an excellent substitute for a fraction of the cost. If you’re a Lulu lover, you should really give these a chance!” —Ariel Parker
Price: $15.98+ (available in sizes XS-XXL and in 44 colors)
3. Opaque ankle leggings that won’t yell “SHE’S WEARING POLKA DOT GRANNY PANTIES!” to the entire world.
AKA they aren’t see-through.
Promising review: “STOP. WHAT. YOU’RE. DOING. AND. BUY. THESE. LEGGINGS. Seriously though, these are the most comfortable leggings I have ever owned. I have three so far, and am definitely going to buy more! They are not see-through, sit high at the waist, and they stay put!” —Laura Z.
Price: $16.99 (available in sizes XS-XL and in six colors)
4. Moisture-wicking leggings known for their awesome workout playlists. “Starry Eyed” by Ellie Goulding is on there, obviously.
@nasibawhite / Via Instagram: @nasibawhite
Promising review: “These are super cute, comfortable, and stretchy. My daughter is a gymnast and loves these leggings — she wears them to practice and can easily complete her skills while wearing them. I washed them, let them air dry, and they still look great.” —Mrs. ChaCha
Price: $27.99 (available in sizes XS-L and in two colors)
5. Athletic leggings perfect for any and every workout. These bad boys have almost 6,000 (!!!!) reviews.
And a 4.4 out of 5 star rating.
Promising review: “This leggings are AMAZING! I am a die hard Zella leggings fan, but I really wanted to find an alternative that wasn’t $50+. These leggings are WAY better and less expensive. I’ve done two really intense Crossfit workouts in these since I got them and they stayed put: no sliding down while running, jumping, or lifting weights, which means no more needing to stop and pull my pants up! They’re a life saver! Plus, the material is thick, comfortable, and not see-through.” —Lara K.
Price: $9.99+ (available in sizes XS-XL and in 33 colors)
6. Cropped leggings with ballerina-inspired laces. Like J-Lo, you’ll want to dance the night away…but only whilst wearing these.
Promising review: “These are well-made, comfortable capris with such a fun design on them! Plus, the ties add a fun look! These would be great to wear to a barre class, since they’re ballet-inspired.” —Mimi
Price: $19.99 (available in sizes S-XL and in three colors)
7. Galaxy print leggings designed for intergalactic travel. You’ll definitely want to make space for these in your suitcase.
Or just wear ’em on the spaceship. Up to you.
Promising review: “I love these! They feel good on my skin, aren’t see-through, and they make my butt look…out of this world. The only downside is that my boyfriend is really tired of me making that joke every time I wear these.” —Hanna
Price: $8.99+ (available in sizes XS-XXXL and in 44 colors)
8. High-waisted stirrup leggings sure to ~stir up~ your wardrobe. These babies have four way stretch and are super soft.
@beyondyoga / Via instagram.com
Promising review: “These are amazing! They’re so soft, fit perfectly, and the waist doesn’t roll down. They may be on the expensive side, but this is my favorite pair of leggings ever.” —Nicole L. Johnson
Price: $62.05+ (available in sizes XS-XL and in six colors)
9. Ankle leggings with a tiny compartment similar to Gretchen Wiener’s hair — it can hide your biggest secrets. (Well, your phone and keys.)
These leggings also come in capri length and a whole bunch of other solid AND space dye colors. Woo!
Promising review: “These are possibly the best leggings ever. They fit well, the pocket is secure, and the material is nice and thick. This is definitely a must-have for every wardrobe.” —J. A. Afzelius
Price: $18.98+ (available in sizes S-XXL and 33 colors)
10. High-waisted leggings featuring cool mesh cutouts. Because athleisure, but make it chic.
Promising review: “These leggings are well-made, and you can move around without them slipping off. I plan on ordering more!” —Amazon Customer
Price: $21.68+ (available in sizes 1X-3X and sizes XS-XL)
11. Knit leggings currently disguising themselves as work pants. They just needed a break from the limelight. Avoiding the paparazzi and such.
Promising review: “These pants are the staple in my closet! With a black shirt and a different jacket, this is my work-uniform. They fit well, wash and dry easily, and I would be lost if this brand stopped making them.” —joy to the world
Price: $29.99+ (available in sizes 4-16 and in three colors)
12. Colorblock leggings for people who want to be bright! Bold! Taking risks! Standing out! Living their best life!
Promising review: “The quality of these workout leggings really surprised me: they are extremely well-made and feel almost like a swimsuit fabric. All of the colorblock seams and stitching are secure and stretch easily without ripping, and the fit seems true to size.” —AmazonFan
Price: $25.99+ (available in sizes XS-L and in three colors)
13. Striped leggings to trick everyone into thinking you play sports! Even if you, like me, don’t know the difference between football and baseball.
I’m being slightly dramatic, but I’m sure you know what I mean.
Promising review: “These are the greatest leggings of all time! I’m bottom heavy and it’s hard to find leggings that aren’t see-through, but these fit great!” —Karoline
Price: $32.07+ (available in sizes XS-XL and in six colors)
14. Buttery soft leggings available in a bunch of fun, vibrant patterns. Will you want them all? Probably.
Promising review: “Wow! I’m super impressed by these leggings. They are super soft and comfortable, and you definitely can’t beat the price. Plus, the print matches the pictures online perfectly. I will definitely be buying more!” —Amanda Mac
Price: $11.99+ (available in two “one size fits most” options for sizes XS-L and 14-24 and in 45 colors)
15. Mesh-paneled leggings you’ll basically live in for the rest of your days. *waves a tearful goodbye to the jeans that will no longer be of use*
Promising review: “I’ve had these for four months now and I love them. I’ve typically worn them between three to five times a week and, as far as I can tell, they haven’t faded and there’s no fabric pilling. Seriously, buy a pair (just remember to go up a size). It’s a killer deal! I’m about to order two or three more pairs right now.” —Rachel
Price: $12.99+ (available in sizes S-XXXL and in 29 colors)
16. High-waisted ruffle hem leggings that scream “I AM A TRENDY YOUNG PROFESSIONAL, HEAR ME ROAR.” Or something like that.
But seriously, you can dress these up or down.
Promising review: “These pants are so cute! I love the stretchy material, and the cute ruffles at the hems make it look different. They are a bit high-waisted, which I love, and they’re opaque enough so you’re sure your underwear won’t peek through. You can easily just slip these on, and you’ll be good to go! Plus, they’re very comfortable and fit true to size.” —Corinth
Price: $8.89+ (available in sizes XS-L and in three colors)
17. Training leggings made with a lightweight, DRI-fit fabric to keep you cool — even when your spin class instructor is showing no mercy.
“HAVE YOU NO HEART?” —me to the instructor.
Promising review: “These are amazing. I bought them for spin class and love them! They’re SO LIGHT, which is amazing because I’m normally dying of heat stroke during spin.” —Jessica Lilley
Price: $43.32+ (available in sizes XS-1X and four colors)
18. Moto-inspired leggings you can lie to everyone about. Just say you’re wearing jeans! Your friends will believe you!
Psst, these run slightly small so be sure to order up a size!
Promising review: “These are AWESOME! I was so excited by how well they fit and how cool they look! They slip on like a glove, and stretch in all the right places. Definitely a more affordable option, and I was impressed with the quality for the price. No regrets or issues with my purchase!” —Bethany
Price: $19.99 (available in sizes S-XXXL)
19. Yoga leggings complete with a leg warmer-inspired design. Okay so…AM I A PRINCIPAL DANCER YET? NO? Fair enough.
These moisture-wicking leggings are made from a four-way stretch fabric, FYI.
Promising review: “I love these so much! The material is perfect for sweaty workouts, and I will be purchasing more pairs soon.” —Jennifer M.
Price: $69 (available in sizes 1X-3X)
20. High-waisted faux leather leggings that everyone will be complimenting you on, whether friend or faux.
Promising review: “I got these as an impulse buy, and it was the best decision I made! They are so cute! When I first pulled them out of the box, I was worried that the waist was going to be too small, but then I realized how stretchy the material was. They fit great and aren’t see-through (though you might want to still wear longer shirts because the material is still thin enough to show underwear outlines). All in all, these are my new favorite leggings.” —Aria
Price: $14.99 (available in sizes 2X-3X)
21. Ankle leggings with a drawstring tie AKA you’ll be able to adjust the waistband to your liking.
Promising review: “I love these so much! I was looking for good pair of workout leggings with a draw string to help them stay up, and these are perfect!” —M.e. Ilardi
Price: $17.42+ (available in sizes S-XL)
Wearing leggings like:
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.