A photo is enough to describe a lot without using many words, but these pictures below may deserve a little more credit.
Powerful, exciting, unforgettable, images that tell some of the best but also worst moments of modern human existence.
Pictures that describe our present, our plight and triumphs, our perseverance and failures, the compassion and hate, our intelligence or our stupidity.
We present a collection of 30 most powerful photographs of all time, describing the trials and tribulations, triumphs, failures, perseverance, compassion and hate of people around the world.
1.Starving boy and a missionary
2.Inside a gas chamber in Auschwitz
3. Heart surgeon after 23-hour (successful) long heart transplantation. His assistant is sleeping in the corner.
4. Father and son (1949 vs 2009)
5. Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music
6. A Russian soldier playing an abandoned piano in Chechnya in 1994
7. Young man just found out his brother was killed
8. Christians protect Muslims during prayer in the midst of the 2011 uprisings in Cairo, Egypt
9. A firefighter gives water to a koala during the devastating Black Saturday bushfires in Victoria, Australia, in 2009
10. Terri Gurrola is reunited with her daughter after serving in Iraq for 7 months
11. Indian homeless men wait to receive free food distributed outside a mosque ahead of Eid al-Fitr in New Delhi, India
12. Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000
13. Man Falling from the World Trade Center on 9/11. “The Falling Man.”
14. Alcoholic father with his son
15. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory
16. Sunset on Mars
17. Five-year-old gypsy boy on New Year’s Eve 2006 in the gypsy community of St. Jacques, Perpignan, Southern France. It is quite common in St. Jacques for little boys to smoke
18. Hhaing The Yu, 29, holds his face in his hand as rain falls on the decimated remains of his home near Myanmar’s capital of Yangon (Rangoon). In May 2008, cyclone Nargis struck southern Myanmar, leaving millions homeless and claiming more than 100,000 lives
19. A dog named “Leao” sits for a second consecutive day at the grave of her owner, who died in the disastrous landslides near Rio de Janiero in 2011.
20. “Wait For Me Daddy,” by Claude P. Dettloff in New Westminster, Canada, October 1, 1940
21. An old WW2 Russian tank veteran finally found the old tank in which he passed through the entire war – standing in a small Russian town as a monument
22. Flower power
23. A woman sits amidst the wreckage caused by a massive earthquake and ensuing tsunami, in Natori, northern Japan, in March 2011
24. The Graves of a Catholic woman and her Protestant husband, Holland, 1888
25. Greg Cook hugs his dog Coco after finding her inside his destroyed home in Alabama following the Tornado in March, 2012
26. Demonstration of condom usage at a public market in Jayapura, capital of Papua, 2009
27. Russian soldiers preparing for the Battle of Kursk, July 1943
28. During massive floods in Cuttack City, India, in 2011, a heroic villager saved numerous stray cats by carrying them with a basket balanced on his head
29. An Afghan man offers tea to soldiers
30. Some parents, likely now in their 70’s, still looking for their missing child.